In the busy occasion season, you may be afraid that you do not have enough time to prepare the latkes. Why you do not make it in advance and use the best vacuum sealer to preserve it for later? By this method, you can cook it with a lot of care and seal it with your love inside. And you can share the latkes with your family and friends later in one month.
When you have spare time, you can do this recipe very easy. When you are finished this dish, you need to let the latkes cool down completely. Then, you use the vacuum sealer to store this taste and delicious dish for future use.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped shallots
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoons of flour (you can use matzo meal alternatively)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
How to do:
- You peel the potatoes and you remove all the skins. Now, the potatoes have to be grated onto one piece of cheesecloth.
- In the piece of cheesecloth, you bundle grated potatoes and you squeeze it over a bowl in order to eliminate any excess moistures.
- You let the drippings settle in this bowl for around a quarter of an hour. On the bottom of the bowl should be the starch. You can pour the liquid out of the bowl and keep the starch.
- In the same bowl, you pour the eggs in with the starch and you continue to stir it until it becomes a frothy form of mixture. Then, you add the flour, salt, pepper and shallots into this bowl. Lastly, you stir in the drained and grated potatoes.
- If you are not ready to eat the latkes, you should not cook it at the time. You can use the vacuum sealer to seal the mixture and put it in the freezer until you are ready to use. However, you should let it thaw overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the latkes, you pour the oil into a pan and turn on the oven with medium heat.
- you portion the thawed potato mixture by a spoon and you place it in the pan with hot oil. You fry each side of the thawed potato mixture for about 3 minutes or until it turns to brown color. After finishing, you place the products on a baking tray lined under paper towels.
- Eat when it is still hot.
Latkes have great tasty with cranberry sauce and it is one of a huge amount of seasonal dishes. You should try to cover the fried latkes with the tart concoction.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- 12 ounces of frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of sugar.
How to do:
- You pour all of the materials together in a pan and place the pan on medium heat.
- You let the pan to a boil and then you continue to simmer it for about 10 minutes. You will know it is done when you see the cranberry splits open.
- You take the pan out of the stove and let it chill before using. This recipe is also easy to vacuum and seal.
2 recipes of the latkes are on your hand now. You can apply and share it to your family members and friends.