Ozone is applied in many areas of life and manufacturing. Currently, lots of breweries & wineries have also successfully applied ozone in production and wastewater treatment.
Ozone application in the brewery production process
Ozone is effective as a disinfectant in barrels, bottling lines, tanks, and many other winery and brewing applications. If you are lokking to get the best ozone solutions for breweries, you can easily get the top ozone system for breweries in Ontario via https://nebulaozone.com/industries/breweries.php.
It also provides safe microbiological solutions to control production processes, includes:
• Clean water and replace traditional disinfectants such as chlorine and bromine.
• Disinfection of feed water for draft beer production
• Kills bacteria, viruses and fungi.
• Removes spores, cysts, yeast and mold.
• Oxidizes iron, manganese sulfide and hydrogen sulfide.
• Breaks down fats and other contaminants in water.
• Eliminate chemical compounds in water, eliminate chemical taste.
• Kills pathogenic microorganisms in water and air.
Another benefit of ozone is that it does not leave any chemical by-products due to the use of other chemicals. This is because ozone quickly evaporates and turns into oxygen. Therefore, you do not need to rinse after disinfection, which reduces time and water consumption.
Application of ozone in wastewater treatment in breweries
Organic compounds are one of the components contained in brewery wastewater. They are formed as a result of the malt fermentation process, waste hops and proteins are fermented to produce waste containing high levels of organic waste, especially lignin.
Many studies and practice have shown that ozone is one of the most powerful oxidants available and has proven to be one of the most effective methods for treating colored wastewater for brewing. In addition, ozone affects the removal of the original color and at the same time destroys the structure of organic compounds.